Welcome to UpCycling.xyz 🙂
UpCycling.xyz is an online community and social network for UpCyclers of all levels of interest!
UpCycling.XYZs ultimate goal is to inspire and motivate people into discovering and embracing upcycling. We believe UpCycling is the future and has the potential to help change the world for the better!
UpCYcling.xyz is not a how-to home diy site, it is designed as a Social Network and Community forum, with sharing and caring in mind. So you will not find huge amounts of text or details necessarily, as we prefer to give you inspiration through pictures and videos with the links where you can find more information about the original project and creator.
We hope these UpCycling Projects with help you to brainstorm your sustainability creativity and Network with other like minded people who wish to make a difference.
So What is UpCycling anyway?
The term upcycling is relatively new, as it was coined in 1994 by Reiner Pilz, stating that “what we need is upcycling where old products are given more value not less.”
Upcycling is similar to recycling in that it helps create less garbage, thus minimizing environmental impact, yet it differs in that it involves giving something old a new use.
- Some benefits of UpCycling:
- UpCycling helps reduce CO2 emissions by using old materials instead of new ones – for every ton of discarded textiles used again, 20 tons of CO2 is prevented from entering the atmosphere.
- UpCycling saves you money: it allows you to find new uses for old clothes that no longer fit, or old furniture that would normally end up in the dump…
- It promotes sustainable innovation and creativity, and can provide fun crafting time for all the family
- It also helps preserve our precious resources
We hope that you will be inspired by UpCycling.XYZ and learn the value and importance of how to REuse, REcycle, REpurpose, REstore and REduce materials and product consumption. Together we can decrease our footprints – what better way to start doing this today than UPCYCLING!
To get involved just sign up and get connecting, sharing and commenting.
Many thanks, The UpCycling.xyz Team!
“I recognize the right and duty of this generation to develop and use the natural resources of our land; but I do not recognize the right to waste them, or to rob, by wasteful use, the generations that will come after us.”
– Theodore Roosevelt